If you’re a regular in the digital marketing industry you often hear a question, is email marketing still alive? In our opinion utility of emails is still going strong and just 1 example will prove it. According to a telling statistics: Up above 200 million emails are sent in every single minute of day. This statistics proves that popularity of emails is still going strong with netizens, entrepreneurs and marketing professionals. So don’t start to arrange for its funeral right now.
This report would make you wonder: about 72% adult US netizens voted for emails when they want to be intimidated by companies while 91% among them prefer to receive promotional offers from companies via emails. Interestingly 73% business owners voted for email marketing as their preferred marketing instrument and 25% said that email marketing is an important part of their ROI.
Let’s jot down reasons why email marketing is not going to see its end very soon.
1. It’s more advantageous than social-media marketing: Rumors of early death faced by email marketing mainly stems from promising entry of social media marketing channel. With all its attractive notes, social-media marketing is certainly more useful in certain cases but you can’t expect a single medium to handle everything.
Some over enthusiastic marketers often fill its social-media pages with unnecessary and irrelevant posts. This is a kind of slightly spammy tactics. Such tactics include sending innumerable numbers of cat memes, 24*7 automated tweet posts and sending many automated direct messages. These efforts mostly go in vain and your targeted audience are forced to unfollow your page.
Whereas email marketing is a medium that is mainly subscried to gain more knowledge about your industry and generally its contents are of high quality. According to a 2012 report nearly 90% of netizens are email users whereas 70% of netizens have social-media accounts.
2. Email marketing is evolving: For increased customer engagement brands can measure and monitor, tweak and test emails through targetted offerings and newsletters. There are many tools and techniques which are promising enough to change the game of email marketing. No longer is email a communication medium only but speedily moving towards becoming a platform which helps companies to produce cross-channel experiences. Below are few examples provided:
- Advent of wearable technology will topsy-turvy the whole way of communication between brands and subscribers of emails.
- Emails can be accessed through mobile devices and therefore the contents should be stronger and more creative.
- Emails are integrated with proximity and geo-location attributes hence location based hyper-targeted email-marketing will soon appear.
- Videos are going to play significant roles in email marketing.
- Behavioral email marketing will be developed after improvement of predictive analytics.
3. Increased effectiveness with accurate execution: Those who believe in the theory, it’s already dead end for emails, are actually using this medium incorrectly. If reading rate of your newsletters is low, it’s the fault of your content. It’s quality is not up-to-the-mark. In such a case, ask some important questions which are given below:
- Determine the tone of the content: if it’s personal, promotional, friendly or helpful?
- Do you engage your readers in conversation or preach them?
- Have you formed useful one-on-one engagement?
Don’t even think that email marketing is dead. If you do you’ll miss to reap in benefits from it which are not offered by others.
Header Image Source : http://bit.ly/1OFL2uv
Want to know how Email Marketing can be beneficial to your Business? Contact my experts for a Free Consultation.