In the part 1 of this blog, we have broadly discussed three of the six tactics of SEO to kick start the upcoming business year 2015. Three more tactics which can prove to be equally important while planning your SEO campaign for the year 2015 are:-
4. Focusing on fewer hard-earned links
If considered technically, it is advisable to have multiple links from different authority sites than hundreds of single links from sites which are second rated. These links can be build in three ways which are as follows
- Editorial Links: These links usually comes from special mentions of your brand or company by various media and secondly via thought leadership articles which you write as well as publish on different third party websites. To achieve the second one, you must target your website’s audience and find a relevant topic which is interesting as well as not too promotional. Keep in mind to share it on various social media after it is published.
- Co-Citation: Whenever your brand name or a link to your specific site appears with your fellow competitors, this serves as a hint to Google stating that your brand and the other companies are related thus giving your brand a weighty representative along with the authoritative competitive brands. Keeping this mind, there is one tactic to achieve co-citations which is to perform a Google search to get the lists of say for example top 10 [generic term for your business or product]. Notice whether your business is there on the top ten lists or not, if not then talk to the publisher and get your brand in the list.
- Broken Link: Building: In this useful tactics, you can easily hunt for broken links for the authoritative competitive brands and suggest the publishers to substitute the link to your website instead.
5. Analyze the competitor’s market
Considering logically it is healthy to look up on your competitor’s market as you will never gain a leg up on them without proper research on them. What is suggested is just a basic research as a quick refresh will certainly be beneficial. The steps which are involved in the procedure are:-
- Revisiting Links
Take help of Majestic, Ahrefs, Open Site Explorer or any other link-checking tool and scan your competitor sites to get an idea about the new links your competitors have acquired recently. Also keep a track what the press and media is saying about your competitors in the past few months.
- Look upon their content ideas
Take idea or get a picture how the content in your competitor’s website is performing. Content marketing is a huge aspect to be kept track off. With the help of your competitor’s content strategy, know where to invest your dollars in marketing your content.
- Identify the changes in your competitor’s strategy
A better understanding of the future of your competitor’s business helps you planning your outlook for your brand as well as product in the market. You can learn from their directions about which places to look and how to plan your strategy.
6. Changing as well as cleaning your business listings
What most reputed SEO Service Provider suggests is to clear up your previous business listings and start up fresh for a new financial year. It is certainly important that your online presence reflects the changes that your organization or business has witnessed in the year 2014. Update the right listing on every social media websites like Facebook, G+, LinkedIn to name a few. Make sure that your business listings are correct and updated as they do give viewers ideas about your company or organizations.
This covers the six SEO tactics which can certainly give any organization the right head start for their SEO campaign. However some techniques as well as tactics may vary from company to company based on their business policies as well as rules.